MURPHY’S LAWS OF COMBAT
1. You are not Superman.
2. Suppressive fires — won’t.
3. If it’s stupid but works, it isn’t stupid.
4. Don’t look conspicuous — it draws fire.
5. Don’t draw fire; it irritates the people around you.
6. When in doubt, empty the magazine.
7. Never share a fighting hole with anyone braver than you are.
8. Never forget your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
9. If your attack is going really well, it’s an ambush.
10. No plan survives the first contact intact.
11. Try to look unimportant, because the bad guys may be low on ammo.
12. If you are forward of your position, the artillery will fall short.
13. The enemy diversion you are ignoring is the main attack.
14. The important things are always simple.
15. The simple things are always hard.
16. The easy way is always mined.
17. If you are short of everything except enemy, you are in combat.
18. When you have secured an area, don’t forget to tell the enemy.
19. Incoming fire has the right-of-way.
20. No combat ready unit has ever passed inspection.
21. If the enemy is in range, so are you.
22. Friendly fire – isn’t.
23. Things that must be together to work usually can’t be shipped together.
24. Radios will fail as soon as you need fire support desperately.
25. Anything you do can get you shot – including doing nothing.
26. Tracers work BOTH ways.
27. The only thing more accurate than incoming enemy fire is incoming friendly fire.
28. When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not our friend.
It wasn’t our job, but we answered the call,
fought to the consulate, and scaled the wall.
We pulled twenty countrymen from the jaws of fate,
led them to safety and stood at the gate.
Just the two of us, and foes by the score,
but we stood fast to bar the door.
Three calls for reinforcement, but all were denied,
so we fought and we fought, and we fought till we died.
We gave our all for our Uncle Sam,
But Barack Obama didn’t give a damn.
Just two dead SEALs, who carried the load,
no thanks to us ~ we were just “bumps in the road.”
[featured image: NO WARNING SHOTS DUE TO THE HIGH COST OF AMMO.]